CAPE MAY'S COASTAL FARM DISTILLERY GRAIN TO GLASS SPIRITS
Our Nauti Spirits vodka is made from sweet potatoes and corn grown on our preserved coastal farm here in Cape May, New Jersey and other South Jersey properties we control, then expertly distilled and filtered to sipping smoothness right here in our Cape May distillery. Nauti Spirits Vodka is equally at home in a rocks glass or in your favorite martini. When opened, our vodka releases a subtle aroma redolent of its birth, but when tasted, you'll discover a velvety texture on the palate and a distinct, sophisticated flavor profile.
Juniper and other botanicals that grow wild in the local area around our farm distillery inspire the soul of our Gin. Starting with the highest quality ingredients available, we mill, mash, ferment, distill and bottle our Gin entirely on our coastal farm. Painstaking attention to detail, combined with our Head Distiller’s award-winning experience enables us to produce an exceptional aromatic Gin. Enjoy this fine Garden State spirit in your favorite cocktails!
Fermented, distilled, finished and bottled at our farm distillery in Cape May, Nauti Spirits Straw Rum is batch-distilled from high grade American southern molasses. It rests in second-use, 200-liter white oak barrels between 30 to 90 days. The light-gold rum emerging from these barrels is a lively Garden State spirit perfect for Daiquiris and other classic rum drinks.
OUR SIGNAL GIN
Delicious in a martini or in your favorite cocktail, SIGNAL is a distinctly "shore-borne" botanical Gin. Corn, harvested from our 60-acre Cape May coastal farm provides an invitingly complex base spirit, which we delicately infuse with local juniper berries, honeydew, coriander, basil, mint and jasmine. We then introduce our neighborhood stock to exotic citrus, herbs and spices to create a truly spectacular spirit. From our seaside farm to your glass, SIGNAL - The Coastal Farm Gin.
WHERE TO FIND OUR SPIRITS:
Nauti Spirits Distillery Bottle Shop
916 Shunpike Road
Cape May, NJ 08204
202 Jackson St
Cape May, NJ 08204
106 Sunset Blvd
West Cape May, NJ 08204
29 New Bridge Road
Ocean View, NJ 08230
1613 RT 47
Rio Grande, NJ 08242
Country Club Tavern
1512 N Rt 9
Cape May Court House, NJ 08210
1900 Bayshore Road
Villas, NJ 08251
319 W Rt 70
Marlton, NJ 08053
NAUTI SPIRITS: THE JOURNEY FROM FARM TO BOTTLE
1. Preparation: Our own farm-grown sweet potatoes and corn are sorted, washed, milled and sent from our milling room to the cook tank in the distillery.
2. Cooking: The milled sweet potatoes and corn are added to water and heated until they are boiling. After boiling, they are cooled down in a series of steps, and mixed with enzymes which break apart the starch in the potatoes into simple sugars. This mixture is called mash.
3. Fermenting: The mash is added to the fermentation tank along with yeast. The yeast converts the sugar in the potatoes and corn to alcohol. After 4-6 days, the yeast has consumed all the sugars in fermentation and this crude beer is ready to be distilled.
4. Distilling: Inside the still, the mash is heated to the point where the alcohol turns to vapor, but the water remains liquid. The vapor is carried through the vodka column to the condenser, where is turned back to liquid. The height of the still aids in making the very pure alcohol that is necessary for vodka.
5. Proofing: The spirit that comes off the still is too strong to drink. Water is added to reduce the spirit to drinking strength, or “proof.”
6. Bottling: Our finished spirit is pumped into tanks above the bottling room, then gravity fed into the bottle filler, where it is hand bottled, labeled & packaged.